CACSR Representative: Dr. Mary Brindle
Email Address: email@example.com
The Mission of the Office of Surgical Research at the Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary is: To Promote, support, and enhance research initiatives within the Department of Surgery. The Department of Surgery is working to further strengthen its mandate to achieve excellence in research. The current goals of the office include:
- Providing direction and support for research within the department
- Fostering collaborations
- Instructing membership in grant writing and statistical research
- Providing internal grant reviews
- Assisting in the formulation of research policy, direction, goals, and priorities
- Overseeing the Surgeon Scientist Program (SSP).
- Administering Department of Surgery Research and Education Grants.
- Organizing the annual Surgeons' Day Research Symposium.
- Communicating research-related issues to the department